According to the Waste Management and Minimization Compliance to Environmental Quality (Scheduled Waste) Regulations, 2005, “Every waste generator shall ensure that all his employees involved in the identification, handling, labelling, transportation, storage, and spillage or discharge response for scheduled wastes attend training programmes.”
This same requirement for training applies to all employees of waste contractors involved in the handling, transportation and storage of scheduled waste.
What you will learn
By the end of the training, delegates will learn:
• basic understanding on storage and handling of scheduled wastes and its records keeping
• working knowledge on the Scheduled Waste Regulations 2005
• sound understanding on the importance of records keeping such as notification of scheduled waste (Second Schedule), inventory of scheduled wastes (Fifth Schedule), consignment notes for scheduled waste (Sixth Schedule), and the purpose and use of Seventh Schedule i.e. information of scheduled wastes practical knowledge of the e-Consignment Note.
By the end of the training, delegates will be able to:
• understand, implement and ensure compliance to the EQA (Scheduled Waste) Regulations 2005;
• scheduled wastes will be better managed in a systematic, effective and legal manner.
- Introduction to waste management
- Identification of scheduled wastes
- Sorting and segregation practices
- Packing, storage and labeling requirement
- Disposal and treatment of scheduled wastes
- Special management of scheduled waste
- Records keeping, training and emergency response plan
- Quiz and evaluation
- Question & Answer